Some of the procedures GPH Mechanical performs are:
- Check/clean the condenser coil to maximize heat transfer;
- Check fans and blowers, clean if required to insure proper air delivery;
- Check refrigerant pressures and assure the system is leak free;
- Check the amperage of the compressors/motors;
- Check/replace any driers to ensure system refrigerant is dry;
- Check thermostat setting and calibrate if required to maintain proper temperature in the conditioned space;
- Test controls and safeties switches;
- Check the system for proper operation;
- Check relays and contactors
- Inspect the evaporator coil and clean if necessary
It’s important that a Preventative Maintenance Program provides more than just peace of mind. At the conclusion of each inspection readings will be measured and recorded to indicate the overall condition of the system. Over time, these measurements can be used to fine tune the program to the individual needs of each customer.
Only with a record of all the pertinent parts including; air flow through the system, pressures at the compressor and temperature drop across the evaporator, can the overall health of the equipment and system be known. Understanding how a system has operated in the past makes future operation more straight forward and enables preventative restorative measures to be put in place to avoid costly breaks downs. With a Preventative Maintenance Program, efficiency is maximized and costs are minimized.